The Digital Alarm Function is designed for practical process applications.
Although measuring an alarm on a single digital input sounds simple,
the combination of monitoring various states of the signal, filtering out noise,
and providing a useful operator interface is slightly more complex.
complete design incorporates the display of the signal status on the WinCC mimic.
It also includes the pop-up template, with a display of
the signal/alarm condition. The Step7 function is easily
incorporated into an existing or new PLC project. Details of alarm
configuration will also be supplied.
Mimic Display : Digital alarm signals on-screen need to be discretely small, but with
properties, to generate maximum effect. For this purpose we
have designed the on-screen display to be as user friendly as possible.
Alarms and warnings are configured to flash on-screen on first occurrence.
This assists with drawing the attention to the problem area. Once
the alarm has been acknowledged, it will stop flashing and change to a steady
state of red (alarm still present) or green (healthy state). The alarm
will hold its state until acknowledged, ensuring no alarms are lost while not
Further information of each value will be made available when the operator
clicks on the tag of the digital alarm, thereby opening the template
(example) as shown below :
1. As the template is opened, the correct tag name is displayed in this field,
linking the displayed variable to its associated value. This value
is entered in a WinCC field.
2. When a new alarm state occurs, the signal will flash, indicating
an un-acknowledged alarm. Pressing "ACK" on the template will
acknowledge the alarm.
3. This coloured bar indicates the state of the signal - grey (healthy),
flashing red (new, unacknowledged alarm), static red (acknowledged alarm)
Use the ActiveX control below to find out more about the features of this
- Visual confirmation of tag name on display
- Visual representation of alarm state
- Mimic and template will visually indicate a new or acknowledged alarm
- Multiple measurement entries into one datablock possible, i.e. doesn't
require a DB for each signal
- Addressing is done directly to digital input, e.g. I124.3
- Configurable "healthy" state for each signal, allowing use of signals
that are healthy ON or OFF
- Alarm filtering possible, allowing time delays to filter out unwanted
- Alarming can be enabled / disabled from the PLC, e.g. only measure the
flow switch if the pump is on.
WHAT IS INCLUDED :
The Digital Alarm package includes the following :
Full step-by-step configuration and instruction manual.
Example mimic with Digital Alarm implementation
Usable Mimic display items. (copy/paste from example)
Structure tags in WinCC
Pop-up template (as WinCC .pdl files)
Full step-by-step instruction manual.
Example function and datablock with Digital Alarm implementation
Structured tag (UDT) for creating new datablocks
Digital Alarm Function (FC) for use in programming.